Structural Manager - Canberra
Northrop Consulting Engineers is an employee owned, multidiscipline consultancy that has been established for 40 years. We have an open management structure and employ over 280 staff across eight offices in NSW, ACT, QLD, and VIC.
We are essentially a people business that grows by creating opportunities for our people to help build the business and their career. When you join Northrop, you join a company that will support you to excel both professionally and personally.
A unique opportunity has arisen for a high-performing Structural Engineer to become the Manager of our Canberra Structural Group. Based in Woden, our office comprises 40 staff, spanning across Structural, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Hydraulic. A strong attraction of Northrop is the ability to set your own agenda and act upon your own strategic thinking. In addition to autonomy, you have the support and guidance of being a part of a wider inter-regional multi-disciplinary team.
This is a rare opportunity within Northrop, where a senior partner within the Structural Group is nearing retirement. It is a strategic placement. You will be joining an established team and reporting directly to Regional Manager who is looking for someone with the passion and aptitude to drive the Structural business into a new era, creating a pathway to your own shareholding within Northrop.
Key components of the role include:
- Managing a team including mentoring less experienced engineers
- Winning, leading and delivering various types of structural and multidisciplinary projects across residential / aged care / fit-out / education / mixed-use / industrial / commercial.
- Client interface / management and business development.
- Strategic business planning.
- Continual business improvement.
- Relevant business reporting.
You will have the opportunity to take the next step in your career and develop to your full potential, alongside owners of the business.
A pivotal leadership role within our Canberra office, this role is not for everyone. We are looking for someone who wants to take control of their career and provide pathways for their team to operate successfully and achieve their career goals.
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to possess:
- Proven experience as a consulting structural engineer across concrete / steel / timber. More than 10 years is desirable, with a degree in Structural Engineering.
- Leadership attributes, focused on doing what’s right to grow the business.
- Accountability to set goals and drive them to fulfilment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Commercial acumen to analyse business opportunities and read situations well.
- The ability to find common ground, and to gain personal and professional trust.
- Creative problem solving skills to overcome challenges and obstacles.
- The ability to work collaboratively across functional groups.
Ready to take your next career step and develop to your full potential? To arrange a confidential conversation regarding this opportunity, please contact our Recruitment Manager, Stephen Troilo, on 0419046507.
Northrop is an equal opportunity employer.
***No agencies please. Applications are sought from direct applicants only.