Senior Structural Engineer
Unique opportunity for an accomplished structural engineering professional with Northrop in Melbourne.
Northrop Consulting Engineers is an employee owned, multidiscipline consultancy that has been established for 40 years. We have an open management structure and employ over 280 staff across eight offices in NSW, ACT, QLD, and VIC.
Northrop Consulting Engineers have been established for 40 years and have recently moved into the Melbourne market. We are essentially a people business who grows by creating opportunities for our people to help build the business and their career. With our Melbourne office achieving some early traction in the market, we continue to seek structural engineering professionals for our new venture.
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen for a structural engineering professional with close ties to the Melbourne market. A key strategic placement, we require someone with the passion and aptitude to work closely with our Melbourne Manager to grow and develop Northrop Melbourne. A strong attraction of Northrop is the ability to set your own agenda and act upon your own strategic thinking. In addition to autonomy, you have the support and guidance of being a part of a wider inter-regional multi-disciplinary team.
This is a role ideal for someone ready to progress to the next stage of their career. Key components of the role will include; involvement in business planning, winning projects, client management and continual business improvement, through to project delivery.
You will have the opportunity to take the next step in your career and develop to your full potential by building a key part of the Northrop business.
As such, the successful candidate, you will possess:
- Proven experience within the Melbourne market as a consulting structural engineer.
- Structural engineering knowledge across residential / aged care / fit-out / education / mixed-use / industrial / commercial.
- Leadership skills, willing to take on the tough challenges to grow the business.
- Takes accountability for successes and failures.
- Ability to present complex messages to multiple levels of an organisation.
- Analytical and strategic thinking - capable of developing compelling strategies that deliver results.
- A collaborative approach, working exceptionally well across various regions and functional groups.
Ready to advance to the next stage of your career and develop to your full potential with Northrop Consulting Engineers? Please click the ‘Apply’ button to complete your application or to arrange a confidential conversation regarding this opportunity, please contact our Recruitment Manager, Stephen Troilo, on 0419046507.
Northrop is an equal opportunity employer.
***No agencies please. Applications are sought from direct applicants only.