Northrop Consulting Engineers is an employee owned, multidiscipline consultancy that has been established for 40 years. We have an open management structure and employ over 280 staff across eight offices in NSW, ACT, QLD, and VIC.
We are essentially a people business that grows by creating opportunities for our people to help build the business and their career. When you join Northrop, you join a company that will support you to excel both professionally and personally.
We require a high-performing, experienced Civil Engineer to join our team in Sydney. Based in our CBD office, you will be joining a fast paced, busy team and will enjoy operating with an appropriate level of autonomy to work with agility to meet client’s needs.
As part of our growing team, you will play a key role in project delivery, in a design role to assist with the preparation of engineering investigation, assessment, and design and construction management documentation across a range of sectors.
Key components of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Delivering various types of technically challenging projects, typically working across projects covering subdivision, roads, drainage and industrial developments.
- Delivering multiple projects concurrently in a quality, cost effective and efficient manner, including multi-disciplinary projects.
- Direct client interaction, responding efficiently to client's needs; you will working with a diverse client base.
- Act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues.
You will also have the support of being part of a wider inter-regional multi-disciplinary team.
We are looking for someone who wants to take control of their career and is able to successfully operate in a highly autonomous, yet supportive, environment. This is a unique role and opportunity, and is not for everyone.
Applications are sought from candidates with the following attributes:
- Proven experience as a competent consulting civil engineer (ideally 3-5 years), with experience in preparing detailed design and documentation of roads, intersections, pavements, earthworks, stormwater drainage, flood analysis, sewer and water reticulation.
- Experience delivering subdivision projects is required, along with strong experience and proficiency using AutoCAD and 12D.
- Ability to be highly productive with periodic direct management.
- Accountability to set goals and drive to their fulfilment.
- Excellent communication skills - able to speak and write clearly, concisely, and compellingly.
- Creative problem solving skills to continually finds ways to overcome challenges and obstacles.
- Strong team ethic to work collaboratively across functional groups.
In return, you will have the opportunity to take the next step in your career and develop to your full potential, alongside owners of the business.
Ready to take the next career step and develop to your full potential? Please click the ‘Apply’ button to complete your application. To organise a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact our Recruitment Manager, Stephen Troilo, on 0419046507.
Northrop is an equal opportunity employer
***No agencies please. Applications are sought from direct applicants only.