Northrop Consulting Engineers is an employee owned, multidiscipline consultancy that has been established for 40 years. We have an open management structure and employ over 280 staff across eight offices in NSW, ACT, QLD, and VIC
We are essentially a people business that grows by creating opportunities for our people to help build the business and their career. When you join Northrop, you join a company that will support you to excel both professionally and personally.
An opportunity exists for a 9 month Maternity Leave contract, based in our Sydney office. Reporting to our Recruitment and Talent Manager, you will enjoy working as part of our in house recruitment team, providing support and service right across the business.
To give you a flavour of what you can expect to be doing, you will be directly involved in:
- The preparation of job advertisements, through to posting them on our Website Careers Page, Seek, and LinkedIn.
- HR/Recruitment administration – letters, data entry, system updates etc.
- Regularly updating the Recruitment database.
- Reviewing resumes and screening candidates.
- Scheduling interviews.
- Conducting reference checks.
- Working with the Business Support team to ensure smooth on-boarding of new hires.
- Overseeing Undergraduate and Apprentice recruitment campaigns.
- Involvement in Graduate recruitment campaign initiatives.
- Ad-hoc tasks to assist the Recruitment and Talent Manager, as required.
The ability to complete tasks autonomously is key to successfully delivering this role.
Part time arrangements will also be considered. (As with many fixed term contracts, there may be employment beyond the 9 month contract period).
Some of the key attributes required for this role include:
- Minimum 2 years internal recruitment experience (administrator, coordinator or consultant), ideally with exposure to the engineering (or related technical) industry.
- The ability to build rapport with a broad range of people.
- Very strong organisation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- The ability to work collaboratively across functional groups.
Please click the ‘Apply’ button to complete your application. To arrange a confidential conversation regarding this opportunity, please contact our Recruitment Manager, Stephen Troilo, on 0419046507.
Please note, applications will close on 15 September.
***No agencies please. Applications are sought from direct applicants only.