Civil Design Draftsperson
Northrop Consulting Engineers is an employee owned, multidiscipline consultancy that has been established for 40 years. We have an open management structure and employ upwards of 300 staff across eight offices in NSW, ACT, QLD, and VIC.
We are essentially a people business that grows by creating opportunities for our people to help build the business and their career. When you join Northrop, you join a company that will support you to excel both professionally and personally.
An exciting opportunity currently exists for an experienced Civil Design Draftsperson to join our Canberra Civil team, based in our Woden office. You will be joining an industry-leading team and will have the opportunity to contribute to wide-ranging, challenging projects.
You will be required to successfully manage, plan, resource and complete assigned drafting projects within agreed budgets and deadlines, in line with consistent company and project standards. The ability to consistently produce quality documents in agreed timeframes will be key to successfully delivering this role.
Other key components of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Delivering projects across various types of sectors including multi-unit residential / commercial / industrial.
- Delivering multiple projects concurrently in a quality, cost effective and efficient manner.
- The opportunity to deliver multi-disciplinary projects.
- Client liaison and responding efficiently to client's needs.
If you are ready to take your next career step and take on more responsibility, this role is for you. You will have the opportunity to develop to your full potential within a busy, dynamic team, alongside owners of the business.
You will have access to many opportunities within Northrop and with our support we will help you to develop your career and make it happen. Applications are sought from candidates with the following attributes:
- Intermediate level experience (4+ years) having worked in a similar role/s within design consultancies. Advanced Diploma in Civil Engineering is desirable.
- Experience in Pavement Design, Road Design, Stormwater, Traffic Control Devices and TTM Plans is desirable, along with exposure to Canberra authority approval processes.
- Proven drafting experience, with design capability highly preferred, across relevant projects including commercial, residential, industrial etc.
- Experience with AutoCAD and Civil3D or 12D modelling (preferred).
- The ability to work independently or collaboratively as part of a team, including across functional groups.
- An enthusiastic team player with an easy going personality, who can adapt to a dynamic environment.
- Accountability to set goals and drive to their achievement, willing to go above and beyond to deliver.
- Able to find common ground and gain personal and professional trust.
- A passion for the construction industry.
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely.
Ready to take your next career step and reach your full potential? Please click the ‘Apply’ button to complete your application. To organise a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact our Recruitment and Talent Manager, Stephen Troilo, on 0419046507.Northrop is an equal opportunity employer.
***No agencies please. Applications are sought from direct applicants only.