Commercial Manager – Sydney Region
Northrop Consulting Engineers is an employee owned, multidiscipline consultancy that has been established for over 40 years. We have an open management structure and employ upwards of 300 staff across eight offices in NSW, ACT, QLD, and VIC.
We are essentially a people business that grows by creating opportunities for our people to help build the business and their career. When you join Northrop, you join a company that will support you to excel both professionally and personally.
A newly created role currently exists in our CBD office, as Commercial Manager for the Sydney Region. Reporting to the Sydney Regional Manager, you will play a pivotal role in the strategic development of the Region, as we enter an exciting phase within our business.
Key to this role will be freeing up our Principals so they can spend more time servicing our valued clients. You will do this by managing the commercial and operational side of the Sydney Region as profitably, efficiently and smoothly as possible.
- Looking to operate without bureaucracy and red tape?
- Keen to implement ideas without going through multiple layers of approval?
- Positive, adaptable and flexible with your approach to management?
- Open-minded and approachable?
- Inspiring and passionate about the consulting engineering industry?
Do you enjoy…
- Taking pleasure in others’ success?
- Getting into the nitty gritty of business problem solving?
- Showing leadership with a positive influence?
- Understanding the big picture?
- Getting stuff done?
The above, in essence, outlines the brief for the role. With a focus on people and systems, we are seeking a professional who is passionate about developing solutions and efficiencies to drive business performance. Rest assured, you will receive the necessary support and resources required for you to be successful.
This is a unique role and career opportunity, and is not for everyone. We are looking for someone who wants to provide pathways for people to operate successfully and for Northrop to achieve its strategic objectives.
In order to be successful in this role, you will also need to possess:
- Strong commercial acumen in order to successfully deliver sound and efficient solutions across operational / financial / project / risk management
- Well-rounded experience (balanced between previous engineering and consulting roles and managerial skills).
- High EQ with the ability to manage pressure situations.
- The ability to gain personal and professional trust, to build / maintain strong relationships with both clients and internal stakeholders.
- Creative problem solving skills to overcome challenges and obstacles.
- The ability to engage and collaborate with various functional groups across Northrop.
Ready to take your next career step and reach your full potential? Please apply today or to arrange a confidential conversation regarding this opportunity, please contact our Recruitment and Talent Manager, Stephen Troilo, on 0419046507.
Applications close COB Friday 24 November 2017.
Northrop is an equal opportunity employer.
***No agencies please. Applications are sought from direct applicants only.