Northrop Consulting Engineers is an employee owned, multidiscipline consultancy that has been established for 40 years. We have an open management structure and employ over 300 staff across eight offices in NSW, ACT, QLD, and VIC. We are essentially a people business that grows by creating opportunities for our people to help build the business and their career. When you join Northrop, you join a company that will support you to excel both professionally and personally.
Our busy Sydney Building Services Section is looking for a high-performing, experienced Mechanical Engineers to join our Mechanical Services group. The role will generally comprise of the design of all mechanical services for buildings ranging from large commercial to public and private buildings.
Key components of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Leading and delivering various types of mechanical services projects in a quality, cost effective and efficient manner.
- Delivering challenging projects concurrently including multi-disciplinary projects.
- The opportunity to lead multi-disciplinary projects.
- Working with a diverse client base, including attendance at meetings and inspections, responding efficiently to client's needs.
- Report writing and relevant business reporting.
- Acting as a mentor for less experienced engineers.
You will have the opportunity to take the next step in your career and develop to your full potential, alongside owners of the business.
Operating in a highly autonomous, yet supportive, environment, this is a unique role and opportunity, and is not for everyone. We are looking for someone who wants to take control of their career. Applications are sought from candidates with the following attributes:
- Proven experience (4 years +) as a consulting mechanical engineer within the building services industry. Only candidates with experience in Building Services can be considered for this role.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, with CPEng preferable.
- Ability to be highly productive with periodic direct management and with little oversight from senior management.
- Accountability to set goals and drive to their fulfilment.
- Able to speak and write clearly, concisely, and compellingly.
- Creative problem solving skills to continually finds ways to overcome challenges and obstacles.
- Strong team ethic to work collaboratively across functional groups.
- Able to find common ground and gain personal and professional trust.
Ready to take the next career step and develop to your full potential? Please click the ‘Apply’ button to complete your application. To arrange a confidential conversation regarding this opportunity, please contact our Recruitment Manager, Stephen Troilo on 0419046507.
Northrop is an equal opportunity employer.
***No agencies please. Applications are sought from direct applicants only.