Senior Structural Engineer
Northrop Consulting Engineers is an employee owned, multidiscipline consultancy that has been established for 40 years. We have an open management structure and employ over 280 staff across eight offices in NSW, ACT, QLD, and VIC.
We are essentially a people business that grows by creating opportunities for our people to help build the business and their career. When you join Northrop, you join a company that will support you to excel both professionally and personally.
A unique opportunity has arisen for a high-performing Structural Engineer to become the Manager of our Canberra Structural Group. Based in Woden, our office comprises 40 staff, spanning across Structural, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Hydraulic. A strong attraction of Northrop is the ability to set your own agenda and act upon your own strategic thinking. In addition to autonomy, you have the support and guidance of being a part of a wider inter-regional multi-disciplinary team.
You will enjoy operating with an appropriate level of autonomy to work with agility, and play an integral role in project delivery and client liaison. You will also have the opportunity and empowerment to contribute to the continuous improvement of the team.
Key components of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Delivering projects across various types of structures within the residential / health / education / commercial / industrial sectors.
- Project leadership in structural projects including running multiple projects concurrently in a quality, cost effective and efficient manner.
- The opportunity to manage challenging, multidisciplinary projects.
- Direct client interaction, responding efficiently to client's needs.
- Act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues.
You will have the opportunity to take the next step in your career and develop to your full potential, alongside owners of the business.
We are looking for someone who wants to take control of their career and is able to successfully operate in a highly autonomous, yet supportive, environment. In order to be successful in this role, you will need to possess:
- Proven experience as a consulting structural engineer across concrete / steel / timber. More than 10 years is desirable, with a degree in Structural Engineering.
- Leadership attributes, focused on doing what’s right for the business.
- Accountability to set goals and drive them to fulfilment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to find common ground, and to gain personal and professional trust.
- Creative problem solving skills to overcome challenges and obstacles.
- The ability to work collaboratively across functional groups.
Ready to take your next career step and develop to your full potential? To arrange a confidential conversation regarding this opportunity, please contact our Recruitment Manager, Stephen Troilo, on 0419046507.
***No agencies please. Applications are sought from direct applicants only.