Northrop Consulting Engineers is an employee owned, multidiscipline consultancy that has been established for 40 years. We have an open management structure and employ over 300 staff across eight offices in NSW, ACT, QLD, and VIC.
We are essentially a people business that grows by creating opportunities for our people to help build the business and their career. When you join Northrop, you join a company that will support you to excel both professionally and personally.
Due to continued, managed growth, our busy Sydney Civil Section requires experienced Civil Drafters with urban / land development experience to join our team, based in our CBD office.
Key to successfully delivering this role will be your ability to successfully manage, plan, resource and complete assigned drafting projects within agreed budgets and deadlines, in line with consistent company and project standards. Consistently producing quality documents in agreed timeframes will be fundamental.
- Looking to operate without bureaucracy and red tape?
- Keen to implement ideas without going through multiple layers of approval?
- Positive, adaptable and flexible with your approach?
- Open-minded and approachable?
- Passionate about the Civil Engineering industry?
You will have the opportunity to contribute to the successful delivery of wide-ranging, challenging projects within an environment that will support your career growth and development.
This position will also offer you the opportunity to play the role of mentor to less experienced colleagues and assist with workload allocation for the drafting team.
Our business and culture is unique, and is not for everyone. We are looking for people who want to take control of their career, are able to work with agility, and successfully operate in a highly autonomous environment.
As the successful candidate you will possess:
- Proven drafting experience in civil engineering projects across urban renewal / development and municipal infrastructure.
- Relevant civil drafting qualification.
- Strong hands-on AutoCAD experience with exposure to 12D highly preferable.
- Experience working in design consultancies.
- The ability to work both independently as well as collaboratively as part of a team.
- Able to speak and write clearly and concisely.
- Enthusiasm along with a passion for the construction and engineering industry.
Ready to take your next career step and develop to your full potential? Please click the ‘Apply’ button or for a confidential discussion, please contact our Recruitment Coordinator Stephanie Soghomonian at firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 9241 4188.
Northrop is an equal opportunity employer
***No agencies please. Applications are sought from direct applicants only.