Senior Electrical Engineer
Northrop Consulting Engineers is an employee owned, multi discipline consultancy that has been established for 40 years. We have an open management structure and employ over 300 staff across eight offices in NSW, ACT, QLD, and VIC.
We are essentially a people business that grows by creating opportunities for our people to help build the business and their career. When you join Northrop, you join a company that will support you to excel both professionally and personally.
We are currently seeking an experienced, senior Electrical Engineer to join our Sydney office based in the CBD. This is a role suitable for someone already in a similar position in an engineering consultancy within the Sydney market, who is involved in project delivery and client interface.
Key components of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Delivery of projects in a quality, cost effective and efficient manner.
- Project leadership in various types of electrical projects.
- Lead and delivery multiple challenging projects concurrently, including multi-disciplinary projects.
- Being a mentor for junior colleagues.
- Client liaison and development, including attendance at meetings and inspections.
- Report writing and relevant business reporting.
- The opportunity to develop to your full potential alongside owners of the business.
You will be heavily involved in a wide range of projects including commercial buildings, residential developments, hospitals, fit-out, aged care and educational facilities.
You will have access to many opportunities within Northrop and with our support we will help you to develop your career and make it happen.
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
- Proven experience as a consulting electrical engineer (5-10 years +) in the Sydney market across aged care / hospitals / fit-out / education / mixed-use / commercial projects.
- CPEng would be highly preferred.
- Always focused on doing what’s right for the business and displaying leadership skills
- Ability to be highly productive with periodic direct management and with little oversight from senior management.
- Demonstrates accountability by setting goals and drives to their fulfilment.
- Strong communication skills, being able to speak and write clearly, concisely, and compellingly.
- Able to find common ground and gain personal and professional trust with all stakeholders
- Analytical and strategic focus, analysing business opportunities and read situations well.
- A creative problem solver, continually finds ways to overcome challenges and obstacles.
- Works collaboratively across functional groups.
Ready to take your next career step and develop to your full potential? Please click the ‘Apply’ button or for a confidential discussion, please contact our Recruitment Coordinator Stephanie Soghomonian at firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 9241 4188.
Northrop is an equal opportunity employer
***No agencies please. Applications are sought from direct applicants only.