Northrop Consulting Engineers is an employee owned, multi discipline consultancy that has been established for 40 years. We have an open management structure and employ over 280 staff across eight offices in NSW, ACT, QLD, and VIC.
A rare and exciting opportunity exists for a civil engineering drafting professional with close ties to the Melbourne commercial building / urban infill and infrastructure sectors to help us to continue building a successful venture for Northrop.
A key early placement for our growing civil team, we require someone with the passion and aptitude to grow and develop into a key person within our Melbourne operation.
Key to successfully delivering this role will be your ability to manage, plan, resource and complete assigned drafting projects within agreed budgets and deadlines, in line with consistent company and project standards. Consistently producing quality documents in agreed time frames will be fundamental.
- Looking to operate without bureaucracy and red tape?
- Keen to implement ideas without going through multiple layers of approval?
- Positive, adaptable and flexible with your approach?
- Open-minded and approachable?
- Passionate about the civil engineering industry?
You will have the opportunity to contribute to the delivery of wide-ranging, challenging projects within an environment that will support your career growth and development.
Our business and culture is unique, and is not for everyone. We are looking for people who want to take control of their career, are able to work with agility and successfully operate in a highly autonomous environment.
As the successful candidate you will possess:
- Proven drafting experience working in design consultancies, with in civil engineering projects across urban renewal / development and municipal infrastructure.
- Relevant civil drafting qualification coupled with strong hands-on AutoCAD experience, with exposure to 12D and/or Civil 3D preferable.
- The ability to work both independently as well as collaboratively as part of a team.
- Able to speak and write clearly and concisely.
- Enthusiasm along with a passion for the construction and engineering industry.
Ready to advance to the next stage of your career and develop to your full potential with Northrop Consulting Engineers? Please click the ‘Apply’ button to complete your application or to arrange a confidential conversation regarding this opportunity, please contact our Recruitment Manager, Stephen Troilo, on 0419046507.
Northrop is an equal opportunity employer.
***No agencies please. Applications are sought from direct applicants only.