Senior Civil Engineer
Northrop Consulting Engineers is an employee owned, multidiscipline consultancy that has been established for 40 years. We have an open management structure and employ over 300 staff across eight offices in NSW, ACT, QLD, and VIC.
We are essentially a people business that grows by creating opportunities for our people to help build the business and their career. When you join Northrop, you join a company that will support you to excel both professionally and personally.
We require a high-performing and experienced Senior Civil Engineer to join our team in Parramatta CBD. A key strategic hire within our growing Civil team, you will work closely with, and report directly to, our Civil Section Manager.
Typically working across projects covering: residential, commercial, retail, residential and land release, light industrial, institutional, road and intersections, aging and health, flood investigation, and policy development, you will be joining a dynamic, industry-leading team.
Key components of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Driving the growth and development of your own group within the Section.
- Delivering various types of civil engineering projects (earthworks, stormwater, sewer, water, pavements and road design etc), across urban renewal / development and municipal infrastructure in a quality, cost effective and efficient manner.
- Delivering technically challenging projects concurrently including multi-disciplinary projects.
- The opportunity to lead multi-disciplinary projects.
- Working with and developing a diverse client base, responding efficiently to client's needs.
- Report writing and relevant business reporting.
We are looking for someone who can hit the ground running, wants to take control of their career and is able to successfully operate in a highly autonomous, yet supportive, environment. This is a unique role and opportunity, and is not for everyone. Applications are sought from candidates with the following attributes:
- Upwards of 7-10 years’ of local experience as a consulting civil engineer with experience in urban renewal/development and municipal infrastructure.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications, specialising in Civil Engineering. Chartered status preferred.
- Strong communication skills, able to speak and write clearly, concisely, and compellingly.
- Proven leadership capability, experience in leading and supporting a team.
- Ability to be highly productive when working autonomously, able to set goals and drives to their fulfillment.
- Ability to be analytical and think strategically.
- A creative problem solver, resilient and continually finds ways to overcome challenges and obstacles.
- Works collaboratively with others including multi-disciplinary teams.
Please click the ‘Apply’ button to complete your application. To organise a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact our Recruitment Coordinator Stephanie Soghomonian at firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 9241 4188.
No agencies please. Applications are sought from direct applicants only.