Senior Civil Engineer
Northrop Consulting Engineers is an employee owned, multidiscipline consultancy that has been established for 40 years. We have an open management structure and employ over 280 staff across eight offices in NSW, ACT, QLD, and VIC.
We are essentially a people business that grows by creating opportunities for our people to help build the business and their career. When you join Northrop, you join a company that will support you to excel both professionally and personally.
We require a high-performing and experienced Senior Civil Engineer to join our team in Parramatta CBD. A key strategic hire within our growing Civil team, you will work closely with, and report directly to, our Civil Section Manager.
Typically working across projects covering: residential, commercial, retail, residential and land release, light industrial, institutional, road and intersections, aging and health, flood investigation, and policy development, you will be joining a dynamic, industry-leading team.
Key components of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Driving the growth and development of your own group within the Section.
- Delivering various types of civil engineering projects (earthworks, stormwater, sewer, water, pavements and road design etc), across urban renewal / development and municipal infrastructure in a quality, cost effective and efficient manner.
- Delivering technically challenging projects concurrently including multi-disciplinary projects.
- The opportunity to lead multi-disciplinary projects.
- Working with and developing a diverse client base, responding efficiently to client's needs.
- Report writing and relevant business reporting.
We are looking for someone who can hit the ground running, wants to take control of their career and is able to successfully operate in a highly autonomous, yet supportive, environment. This is a unique role and opportunity, and is not for everyone. Applications are sought from candidates with the following attributes:
- Experience – 7 to 10 years as a consulting civil engineer with experience in residential, light industrial and commercial fields required. Chartered status preferred.
- Communication - Able to speak and write clearly, concisely, and compellingly.
- Leadership - Always focused on doing what is right.
- Autonomous Productivity - Ability to be highly productive with periodic direct management and with little oversight from senior management.
- Accountability - Sets goals and drives to their fulfilment.
- Connecting - Able to find common ground and gain personal and professional trust.
- Analytical and Strategic Thinking - Ability to analyse business opportunities and read situations well.
- Creative Problem Solving - Never gives up. Continually finds ways to overcome challenges and obstacles.
- Teamwork - Works collaboratively with others including across functional groups.
Ready to take the next career step and develop to your full potential? Please click the ‘Apply’ button to complete your application. To organise a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact our Recruitment Coordinator Stephanie Soghomonian at email@example.com or (02) 9241 4188.
No agencies please. Applications are sought from direct applicants only.