Northrop Consulting Engineers is an employee owned, multidiscipline consultancy that has been established for 40 years. We have an open management structure and employ over 300 staff across eight offices in NSW, ACT, QLD, and VIC.
We are essentially a people business that grows by creating opportunities for our people to help build the business and their career. When you join Northrop, you join a company that will support you to excel both professionally and personally.
Our Newcastle Civil and Environmental Engineering team is continuing to experience growth and as a result we are seeking an experienced civil or environmental engineer with experience in water and sewer design to join our team, based in Charlestown.
This position presents an opportunity for career growth and increased responsibility, where you will play a key role in providing engineering design input to various landmark urban renewal projects, as well as greenfield and infill land development projects.
Our team delivers various types of technically challenging projects NSW focusing mainly within the Hunter, Central Coast and Sydney regions. As part of our growing team, your strong technical skills will be complemented by the ability to effectively manage and communicate project requirements.
A strong attraction of Northrop is the ability to set your own agenda and act upon your own strategic thinking. In addition to autonomy, you will have the support and guidance of being part of a wider inter-regional multi-disciplinary team.
To access the many opportunities available within Northrop you will possess the following attributes:
- 3-5 years in a similar role within water and sewer design including water hydraulic modelling and preparation of strategies.
- Ideally experience utilising modelling software such as PIPES++, EPANET, WATHAM, Infoworks.
- Experience in infrastructure, residential, light industrial and commercial fields is preferred. Experience with Hunter Water preferred.
- The ability to speak and write clearly, concisely, and compellingly.
- Always focused on doing what’s right.
- Ability to be highly productive with periodic direct management, as well as guiding and mentoring less experienced colleagues.
- The ability to connect and find common ground, gaining personal and professional trust.
- Creative problem solving, continually finding ways to overcome challenges and obstacles.
- Strong commitment to teamwork, working collaboratively with others including across various project disciplines.
If you are ready to advance to the next stage of your career, please click the ‘Apply’ button to complete your application. To arrange a confidential conversation regarding this opportunity, please contact our Recruitment and Talent Manager, Stephen Troilo, on 0419046507.
Northrop is an equal opportunity employer.
***No agencies please. Applications are sought from direct candidates only.