Senior Structural Engineer
Northrop Consulting Engineers is an employee owned, multidiscipline consultancy that has been established for 40 years. We have an open management structure and employ over 280 staff across eight offices in NSW, ACT, QLD, and VIC.
Northrop Consulting Engineers have been established for 40 years and have recently moved into the Melbourne market. We are essentially a people business who grows by creating opportunities for our people to help build the business and their career. With our Melbourne office achieving some early traction in the market, we continue to seek structural engineering professionals for our new venture.
You will enjoy operating with an appropriate level of autonomy to work with agility, playing an integral role in project delivery and client liaison. You will also have the opportunity and empowerment to contribute to the continuous improvement of the team.
Key components of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Delivering projects across various types of structures within the residential / health / education / commercial / industrial sectors.
- Project leadership in structural projects including running multiple projects concurrently in a quality, cost effective and efficient manner.
- The opportunity to manage challenging, multidisciplinary projects.
- Direct client interaction, responding efficiently to client's needs.
- Act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues.
This is a role ideal for someone ready to progress to the next stage of their career and make their mark on a key strategic area of our business.
We are looking for someone who wants to take control of their career and reach their full potential. You will be able to successfully operate in a highly autonomous, yet supportive, environment. Key skills and attributes required include:
- Proven experience within the Melbourne market as a consulting structural engineer.
- Structural engineering knowledge across residential / aged care / fit-out / education / mixed-use / industrial / commercial.
- Takes accountability for successes and failures.
- Analytical and strategic thinking - capable of developing compelling strategies that deliver results.
- A collaborative approach, working exceptionally well across various regions and functional groups.
Ready to advance to the next stage of your career and develop to your full potential with Northrop Consulting Engineers? Please click the ‘Apply’ button to complete your application or to arrange a confidential conversation regarding this opportunity, please contact our Recruitment Manager, Stephen Troilo, on 0419046507.
Northrop is an equal opportunity employer.
***No agencies please. Applications are sought from direct applicants only.