Northrop Consulting Engineers is an employee owned, multidiscipline consultancy that has been established for 40 years. We have an open management structure and employ over 300 staff across eight offices in NSW, ACT, QLD, and VIC.
We are essentially a people business that grows by creating opportunities for our people to help build the business and their career. When you join Northrop, you join a company that will support you to excel both professionally and personally.
Our industry-leading Newcastle Structural section is in search of a high-performing experienced Structural Engineer to join the team.
Based in our Charlestown office, you will be joining a fast paced, busy team and will enjoy operating with an appropriate level of autonomy to work with agility and play an integral role in project delivery and client liaison.
Key components of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Delivering projects across various types of structures within the residential / commercial / industrial sectors.
- Delivering multiple projects concurrently in a quality, cost effective and efficient manner, including multi-disciplinary projects.
- Direct client interaction, responding efficiently to client's needs.
- Act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues.
You will have the opportunity to take the next step in your career and develop to your full potential, alongside owners of the business.
You will have access to many opportunities within Northrop and with our support we will help you to develop your career and make it happen. Applications are sought from candidates with the following attributes:
- 2-5 years of proven experience as competent consulting structural engineer across concrete / steel / timber.
- Ability to be highly productive with periodic direct management and with little oversight from senior management.
- Accountability to set goals and drive to their fulfilment.
- Able to speak and write clearly, concisely, and compellingly.
- Creative problem solving skills to continually finds ways to overcome challenges and obstacles.
- Strong team ethic to work collaboratively across functional groups.
Ready to take the next career step and develop to your full potential? Please click the ‘Apply’ button to complete your application. To have a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact our Recruitment & Talent Consultant, Stephanie Soghomonian on email@example.com
Northrop is an equal opportunity employer.
***No agencies please. Applications are sought from direct applicants only.