Northrop Consulting Engineers is an employee owned, multidiscipline consultancy that has been established for 40 years. We have an open management structure and employ over 300 staff across eight offices in NSW, ACT, QLD, and VIC.
We are essentially a people business that grows by creating opportunities for our people to help build the business and their career. When you join Northrop, you join a company that will support you to excel both professionally and personally.
Our busy Canberra Hydraulic and Fire Engineering Section requires a high-performing, experienced Hydraulic Engineer to join our fast paced, busy Building Services Section.
Operating with an appropriate level of autonomy to deliver technically challenging projects, key components of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Project delivery of hydraulic building services projects, heavily involved in a wide range of projects including commercial buildings, residential developments, industrial warehouses, aged care and educational facilities.
- The opportunity to deliver multiple challenging projects concurrently, including multi-disciplinary projects.
- Being a mentor for junior colleagues.
- Working closely with a diverse client base, responding efficiently to client's needs, including attendance at meetings and inspections.
You will be part of a close knit team that are dedicated to the delivery of good service and technical excellence. Our team is involved in wide-ranging projects, with projects ranging from large commercial to public and private buildings.
This is a unique opportunity and is a strategic hire for a pivotal role within our Hydraulic and Fire Engineering Section. You will work closely with, and report directly to, the Section Manager, as their Second-in–Charge.
We are looking for someone who wants to take control of their career and can successfully operate in a highly autonomous, yet supportive, environment. The following attributes and experience are required to be successful in this role:
- Proven experience, ideally 5-10 years, as a consulting hydraulic engineer in the building services industry across aged care / fit-out / education / mixed-use / commercial projects. (We will accept relevant applications outside of this experience range, along with interested interstate applicants).
- A full understanding of the BCA and relevant Australian Standards is expected: Building Code Australia and AS3500 - All parts.
- Understanding and experience dealing with local authority approvals and their requirements.
- Fire hydrant and fire hose reel Australian Standards. Understanding of fire sprinkler requirements desirable.
- A degree in Engineering (Mechanical/Civil) highly preferable.
- Fundamental Revit experience.
- Accountability to set goals and drive to their fulfilment.
- Strong communication skills; able to speak and write clearly and concisely.
- Creative problem solving skills to continually finds ways to overcome challenges and obstacles.
- Highly productive with both strong team ethics and the ability to work independently.
- Work collaboratively across various functional groups.
Ready to take the next career step and develop to your full potential? Please click the ‘Apply’ button to complete your application. To organise a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact our Recruitment Manager, Stephen Troilo, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Northrop is an equal opportunity employer.
*** No agencies please. Applications are sought from direct candidates only.